The general-purpose scheduler is used to schedule many different types of tasks (archiving, aggregation, workflow automation, and so on).
Depending on the type of task being performed, not all of the features described here might be available - for example, the schedules for some types of tasks can be paused, while others cannot be (they can only be stopped or started).
Define or Modify a Schedule
- Access the Scheduling pane from the specific task.
- Schedule by:
- Day: select the days.
- Month: select either the day of the month, or the day of the week; and either every month or specific months.
- If you want the task to run more than once per day, define the repeat schedule by specifying the
interval (in hours) between the tasks. You can also define it to run more than once per hour.Note:
When the schedule is defined to repeat multiple times within an hour, the iteration starts and ends within the hour. The next hour is considered as a new iteration.
For example, if a job is scheduled to run every 15 minutes starting at 12:15 PM, the job runs at 12:15 PM, 12:30 PM, and then at 12:45 PM. The next iteration begins at 1:15 PM and runs again at 1:30 PM and 1:45 PM.
To run a job 4 times within an hour, schedule the job to begin before the first quarter of the hour. For example, a job that is scheduled to begin at 12:05 PM repeats at 12:20 PM, 12:35 PM, and 12:50 PM. The next iteration begins at 1:05 PM.
- Fill in the Start Schedule at. This is the hour at which the schedule starts.
- In the Begin Schedule, enter the date and time at which the task should first run. If you choose a date earlier than the current date, it reverts to the current date.
- Select Activate Schedule if activate the schedule.
- Optionally, select Auto run dependent jobs to automatically find all the job's prerequisite jobs and run them in order, before running this job. This ensures that the job runs with the latest, most accurate data.
- Click Save. If you selected Auto run dependent jobs, a popup opens with details of the prerequisite jobs that must execute just before this job runs. For more information, see Job dependencies.
Pause a Schedule
- Clear Activate schedule and save the job.