Guardium fails to recognize the network device VMXNET x
Guardium fails to recognize the network device VMXNET
x during the installation on VMware. You receive the error
unknown interface: No such device when you install Guardium
on VMware as a guest. The error message appears after you restart
VMXNET x virtual network adapter requires a specific driver that is only contained in VMware tools and no operating system has the driver. Guardium is running on Linux and the installer does not have a driver for VMXNET x.
The Guardium system is affected.
Resolving the problem
Resolve the problem by completing the following steps.
- Create a virtual machine on VMware by using a default network adapter such as E1000 or Flexible.
- Install Guardium on the virtual machine.
- Install the current GPU cumulative patch for Guardium.
- After the installation, log on to the CLI console and run the command setup vmware_tools install to install VMware tools.
- Shut down the Guardium system from the CLI console with the command stop system.
- Edit the virtual machine settings with a VMware client tool such as VMware Infrastructure Client. Select the current network adapter and remove it.
- Add the network adapter called VMXNET.
- Restart the Guardium system.