Creating an application ID on CyberArk
The CyberArk administrator must create an application ID, assign it to a safe, and grant the required permissions. This application ID is used to configure the Guardium system.
Before you begin
The safe that you use to store your CyberArk objectnames (Guardium datasources) must be set up in the CyberArk vault.
- Log in to the CyberArk web console.
- Select Applications from the menu bar and click Add Application.
- In the name field, enter an arbitrary Application ID name. All the other fields can remain empty. Click Add to add the application.
- In the menu bar, select and click the safe that you use to store your CyberArk objectnames.
- Click Members to view the safe details.
- On the Members tab, click Add Member to access the Add Safe Member screen.
- In the Search field, enter your Application ID name, and click Search.
- Select your application ID name from the search results. Mark the check box for Retrieve Accounts, and clear the check boxes for all other enabled permissions.
- Click Add to add the application ID to the safe.
What to do next
If you are using multiple safes to store CyberArk objectnames, repeat steps 2 - 9 to create and assign application IDs for each safe.
Provide the application ID, corresponding safe name, and folder name to your Guardium system administrator. Each Guardium datasource is configured to access the safe that is assigned to this application ID.