Building Time Periods
Policy rules and query conditions can test for events that occur (or not) during user-defined time periods.
When you open the Time Period Builder, a set of pre-defined time periods is available. You can edit the available time periods to meet your needs or you can define your own.
Adding a time period
- Browse to the Time Period Builder by clicking .
- Click to open the Add Time Period page.
- You can create either contiguous or repeating block time period. For example, the following two
custom time periods both begin at 09:00 (9 AM) Monday and end on 17:00 (5 PM) Friday:
- Workweek is contiguous and defines a single 164-hour period beginning at 9 AM on Monday and ending at 5 PM on Friday.
- Workday is a repeating block (that is, noncontiguous) and defines five separate eight-hour time periods (9 AM – 5 PM), on five consecutive days (Monday – Friday).
- In the Name box, enter a name for this time period. For this example,
enter either Workweek or Workday.Note: Do not use apostrophes (') in the description.
- For Workweek, select Contiguous.
- For Workday, select Repeating block.
- Enter a beginning time in hours (00-24) and minutes (00-59) in the Hour From box. For this example, enter 09:00.
- Enter an ending time in hours (00-24) and minutes (00-59) in the Hour To box. For this example, enter 17:00.
- Select a beginning day of the week in Weekday From.
- Select an ending day of the week in Weekday To.
- Click OK to save the new time period.
Editing a Time Period
- From the Time Period Builder, select an existing time period and click to open the Edit time period page.
- Change any fields as needed in the Edit time period page for the selected time period.
- Click OK to save your changes.