Creating file activity policies for SharePoint
Use the Policy Builder for Files to set up file activity monitoring for SharePoint.
After you establish a connection between your monitoring agent and the Guardium system, you can configure FAM for SharePoint by creating and installing a policy.
About this task
Note: You can no longer configure FAM for SharePoint using the configuration app. Any manual change to the configuration file triggers an alert.
- Go to .
- Click to create a new policy.
- To enter the type of policy, click the drop down box and select SharePoint.
- Enter a name for the new policy. The policy can be saved after a rule is defined.
To add existing rules to the policy:
- Click Show Templates. The Rule Templates table opens.
- Optionally filter the list with the filter function.
- Select one or more rules and click
To create a new rule:
- Click to open the Create New Rule window.
- Name the rule, and click Next.
- Specify a datasource manually, by selecting from a list of datasources, or by selecting a group
of datasources and click Next.
SharePoint datasources appear in the following format: <The name of the server where the agent is installed>:FAM-SP.
- Define rule criteria by entering the site URL. Exclude accounts, if appropriate..
- Select the Specify action for specific operation or group check
box to specify the operations that require monitoring, and the appropriate rule action. If the check
box is not selected, all operations are monitored by default. Note: The operations that are selected override the settings on the configuration app of the monitoring agent.
- To configure an existing rule:
- Click to change the name, modify the other attributes as relevant, and click Save.
- Delete a rule by selecting it and clicking .
- Click Save to save the policy, or Save and Install to install the policy immediately. For more information, see Using the Policy Installation tool.