Adding reports and alerts for inspection engine changes
After you configure and enable database discovered instances rules, you can add a report and an alert that triggers whenever an inspection engine is replaced or added.
- You can access reports in several ways. One method is to browse to My Dashboards and then select either Create New Dashboard or an existing dashboard from your My Custom Dashboards list.
- From the dashboard, click Add Report and then select Discovered Instances Rules Add or Replace Log.
- From the Discovered Instances Rules Add or Replace Log report,
select to manage runtime parameters. In addition to the parameters described in Modifying the runtime parameters, you can
set the value of Enter Value for Report Only. This option filters data based on the setting (on the Database Discovered Instances Rules page) for Report results of discovered instances rules (don't create inspection engines), as follows,
- Enter Yes to display only rows where Report results... is selected.
- Enter No to display only rows where Report results... is cleared.
- Leave the entry as % (the default) to display all rows.
- By default, alerts generated by Discovered Instances Rules Alert - Discovered Instance Add or Replace are captured in SYSLOG if the alert is active. Use the Alert Builder, as described in Predefined alerts, to modify the alert and select Active to turn on this alert.
When an inspection engine is replaced or added, an alert message is now generated, based on the parameters in the Discovered Instances Rules Add or Replace Log report.