Creating dashboards and adding reports
You can create one or more dashboards, add reports to them, and configure their appearance.
Think about how you want to organize the reports that you view regularly. Do you want to view them in one dashboard, or in several dashboards? Do you want to group and order them according to their purpose, how critical they are, or some other approach? You can always rearrange your dashboards or create new ones.
Before you begin
- Click to open a new dashboard.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Name field. This name is used in the list of dashboards in the menu.
Click Add Report
to display a list of available reports. If you have designated certain reports as
favorites, you can check the My Favorites box to see only a list of those
reports. If you want to see only graphical reports, check the Chart Only
The Add a Report dialog shows a list of all reports that meet your criteria. You can browse the list of reports, or type a string in the Filter field. The list of reports is updated as you type.
- Click the title of a report to add it to your dashboard. Continue adding as many reports as you want. When you are finished adding reports, click Close.
- Click Edit mode to add the toolbar to individual reports so you can modify the reports. (See Viewing reports.)
You have a dashboard that gives you easy access to some selected reports.
Review the appearance of your dashboard. Is it easy to use, and to find the information that you want? If not, you can configure it further.
What to do next
Customize your dashboard
Learn how to customize your dashboard.
- Change the dashboard by clicking and entering the new name.
- Select the number of column in the upper right corner. The default is two columns.
- Rearrange the reports. To move a report, place your cursor on the report’s title bar, and drag it to a new location.
- Resize your reports. Drag the resize icon to make a report longer or shorter, narrower or wider.
- Designate specific reports as favorites by clicking (in edit mode only).
- Delete a dashboard by clicking Delete dashboard.