Installing GIM and other packages on Windows servers by using the consolidated installer
Use the consolidated installer to install the GIM client and other agents, such as the S-TAP, on the database server, in a one-step process.
Before you begin
About this task
Each agent installer package (WINSTAP, CAS, GAM) has a folder called Gim-Kits that contains a conf.reload.* and a signed file. The conf.reload files have the agent configuration parameters, which are the same as the parameters in the other installation packages. The conf.reload.* files need editing for your specific environment. The signed files do not need editing.
- Copy the GIM installer to the database server.
- Create a folder called deploy in the GIM installer directory.
- Examine the conf.reload.* files and make any configuration changes for the S-TAPs in your environment. For example, the sqlguard IP setting or the enterprise load balancing settings.
- Customize the conf.reload.* files for all other packages you are going to install.
- Copy all of the edited conf.reload files, and the SIGNED files, into the deploy folder that you created in step 2.
- Install the GIM with the CLI, or the wizard on a Windows server. For example:
setup.exe -UNATTENDED -AUTO_ASSIGN_IP 1 -APPLIANCE <IP>
where APPLIANCE <IP> is the GIM Server.
First GIM is installed. GIM looks in the deploy folder for the files, and then installs the other packages, all in the /deploy directory. The S-TAP is installed with all of its components, located under the guardium installation directory along with the GIM.