The group builder supports several methods of adding members to groups.
- Click the icon to create a new group or select a group from the Group Builder table and click the icon to edit an existing group.
- Select the Members tab of the Create new group or Edit group dialog.
Populate the group using one of the following methods:
- Use the icon to manually define group members.
- Use the Import menu to add group members using one of the following methods:
Restriction: The following restrictions apply when importing group members using or :
- From CSV
- From group
- From external datasource
- From query
- From LDAP
Tip: Once configured, import actions that can be scheduled appear as tabs on the Create new group or Edit group dialog. One-time actions such as Import from CSV cannot be scheduled and do not introduce a new tab to the dialog.
- When using Run Once Now, the maximum number of imported members is 5,000 rows. This is not configurable.
- When using a schedule, the maximum number of imported members is 20,000 rows by default. You can configure this limit with the CLI command show/store populate_from_query_maxrecs. For more information, see Configuration and Control CLI Commands.
- Some group types also support advanced methods for populating groups, including the following:
Important: With the group builder, advanced import actions are invoked on a target group that is populated based on the results of analysis performed on a user-selected input group. This represents a change in behavior from the legacy group builder (pre-v10.1.4), where advanced actions were invoked on a source group containing the input to be analyzed, with the results of the analysis being imported into a user-selected group.
- Using stored procedure analysis on datasources
- Using database dependencies
- Using reverse dependencies
- Using observed procedures
- Generating selected objects