How to use Customized Workflows
Define an audit process that follows the customer's customized workflow practices. Bring the customer's specific auditing processes and practices into the Guardium® solution.
About this task
Customized Workflows within the Guardium Audit Workflow process
The formal sequence of event types created in Workflow Builder is managed by clicking on the Event and Additional Column button in the Audit Tasks window. This button will appear after an audit task has been created and saved. This additional button will not appear until the audit task is saved.
- See How to create Customized Workflows. For additional information, see Workflow Builder.
- See How to create an Audit Workflow. For additional information, see Compliance Workflow Automation.
- Define an audit process that follows the customer's customized workflow practices by following the additional steps.
- Configure these workflow activities when Adding An Audit Task.
- Create and save an Audit Task. After saving, an additional button, Events and Additional Columns, will appear.
- Click this additional button.
- At the next screen, place a checkmark in the box for Event & Sign-off. The workflow created in Workflow Builder will appear as a choice in Event & Sign-off.
- Highlight this choice. Save your selection.
- If additional information (such as company codes, business unit labels, etc.) is needed as part of the workflow report, add this information in the Additional Column section of the screen and then click Apply (save). When done, close this window.
- Apply (save) your Audit Task. Apply (save) the entire Audit Process Definition. Click on the Run Once Now to create the report. Click on View to see the report.
- Click on the Run Once Now to create the report. Click on
View to see the report.
This Event and Additional Column button appears in all audit tasks.Note: If data level security at the observed data level has been enabled (see Global Profile settings), then audit process output will be filtered so users will see only the information of their databases.
Under the Report choices within Add an Audit Task are two procedural reports, Outstanding Events and Event Status Transition. Add these two reports to two new audit tasks to show details of all workflow events and transitions. These two reports will not be filtered (observed data level security filtering will not be applied). These two reports are available by default in the list of reports only to admin user and users with the admin role.