Must gather for Windows S-TAP and other Windows agents
Learn how to run the diag.bat to produce numerous statistics that help Guardium with diagnostics. Must gather has two options: S-TAP mode for S-TAPs and Standalone mode for other agents that are installed on the database server.Learn about the Pre-Kernel dump verification utility for Windows S-TAP.
- Log in to the database server. From the Windows Start menu, go to .
- Log in to the database server. Open the Windows Command Prompt as Administrator. Change the directory to %WINSTAP_DIR%\bin (for example C:\Program Files\IBM\Windows S-TAP\bin). Run diag.bat
- In the S-TAP® Control page: Under the specific S-TAP, click . In the S-TAP Commands window, select the command STAP logging, check Run Diagnostics, then click Apply. The logs are listed in the Support Information Gathering Results.
When you run diag.bat as a command
prompt, it has a number of command options:
|-h, -help||Display help|
|-v, -version||Display the version.|
|-q, -quick||Quickly return with simple diagnostics such as diag.bat version, OS version, installed agents
with the version and installed directory. These are displayed to the console and quickly complete
the diag. Typical output is:
IBM Windows GIM is installed. Version: 188.8.131.52 Directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Guardium\Guardium Installation Manager" IBM Windows S-TAP is installed. Version: 184.108.40.206 Directory: "C:\Program Files\IBM\Windows S-TAP" IBM Windows GAM is installed. Version: 220.127.116.11 Directory: "C:\Program Files\IBM\Guardium Agent Monitor" IBM Windows FAM is installed Version: 18.104.22.168 Directory: "C:\Program Files\IBM\Windows Fam Monitor" IBM Windows CAS is not installed. IBM FDEC for SP is not installed. IBM FDEC for NAS is not installed. IBM FAM for SP is not installed. IBM FAM for NAS is not installed
|-k, -keep||Keep all files in the ZIP_SOURCE_DIR after the files are zipped. This is useful if you want
to review the files on database DB server without unzipping the zip file. If this option is not
specified, all files copied from Guardium folders are removed from the diag
folder after the zip is created.
- In the folder %WINSTAP%\bin\zipTmp on the DB server with a name in the format WSTAP_HOST_YYYY-MM-DDTHH-MM-SSTZD.zip.
- From the Guardium Support Information Gathering Results page.
- root directory of the compressed file: driver logs and environmental details
- install: Installer logs
- diag: environment details and must gather
- ini: guard_tap.ini
- Guardium Installation Manager: GIM configuration and log files
- Guardium Agent Monitor: GAM configuration and log files
- Windows Fam Monitor: FAM configuration and log files
- CAS: CAS configuration and log files
Standalone Must Gather
In Standalone mode you can run the Must Gather (diag.bat) script for any installed Guardium Windows agent: GIM, GAM, FAM monitor, FDEC for SP, FDEC for NAS, FAM for SP, FAM for NAS. You can run it from any folder, for example, C:\tmp.
To run diag.bat, open the Windows Command Prompt as Administrator, and run diag.bat. The output compressed file is generated in %PRODUCT_DIR%\Bin\zip\GRD_WIN_xxxx.zip. The format of the compressed file name is GRD_WIN_%YYYY-MM-DD%T%HH-MM-SS-msec%%TZD%, where TZD is time zone difference. One compressed file is kept in the folder. Older compressed files are deleted automatically.
The Upload feature (controlled by the S-TAP parameter UPLOAD_FEATURE) does not support Standalone must gather.
- The environment details are in the root directory of the compressed file.
- Driver logs, ini, are under the Windows S-TAP folder.
- Others are the same
If you run diag.bat but do not get results, and a warning message displays in ~\zip\GRD_WIN_DIAG_compress-archive_failed.txt, the powershell version is lower than V5.1. You can access the files under the \diag directory. If you can install Windows Management Framework (WMF) V5.1, then diag.bat can create the compressed file.
Pre-Kernel dump verification utility for Windows S-TAP
Run this utility before run a kernel dump to ensure that the dump can be created without problems.
Run the utility, SystemVerificationTool.exe, from its location in the S-TAP installed directory.
|Message||What to do|
|Dump type is not configured as kernel type.||Click the link and follow the procedure to change the dump type, then run the utility again.|
|There is only one CPU, generating a dump may lock up the CPU.||Kernel dump is not recommended|
|Disk space is too low to handle the creation of the dump, generating a dump may lock up the CPU.||Free up disk space and run the utility again. The utility requires the smaller of: one third of physical memory, or 10 GB.|