Test detail exceptions
A test exception can be fine-tuned by including an exception group, adding selected members to the exception group, and then adding test detail exceptions.
A test detail exception is highly customizable. It can be added to one test in one single assessment, or to all assessments. Within the assessment, it can be applied to one datasource only, or one group of datasources, or all datasources. You can also apply a start and end date, and provide a justification for the exception.
A test detail ID is generated for each test detail exception. This ID can be referenced by using guardAPI.
Create a Test Detail Exception
To create a test detail exception, click the Create Test Detail Exception link from the Security Assessment Results screen.
- Click to create a new test detail exception.
- Select the appropriate element type. Selecting Regular Expression returns all the test detail values that match with the string that is entered in Step 3. The matching values are highlighted with a green check mark in the test detail exception list. Expired exceptions are highlighted in red.
- Enter the Regular Expression that can match a test detail.
- Select the Assessment scope and Datasource scope, if applicable.
- Enter the start and end date, if applicable. Provide a justification for the exception and click Save.
You can also edit an existing test detail exception, add it to a group, or create a new datasource group and merge it with an existing group.
List existing Test Detail Exceptions
Access the Test Detail Exceptions search from the Security Assessment Finder screen, the Assessment Test Selections screen, or the Assessment Test Tuning screen.
Use the following procedure to search for test detail exceptions.
- In the Assessments drop down box, select one of the following options:
- All assessments: This search option returns records that have a scope set to "All assessments".
- Any assessment: This search option returns records where the scope is set to any single assessment. It also returns records that have the scope set to "all assessments".
- To search for test detail exceptions in a single assessment, select the name of the assessment in which you want to run your search query.
- Use the Datasource scope radio button to search for test detail exceptions within a Single datasource, Group of datasources, or extend your search to records that have the scope set to All datasources.
- From the Datasource drop down box, select the name of your datasource. To extend the scope of your search across datasource groups, check the Included in datasource group check box.
- Use the Datasource type drop down box to select the type of the datasource.
- Select the relevant test from the Test drop down box.
- Click Search to access the Test Detail Exceptions results. Use the results section to view the results, add, or modify exceptions.