Package, deploy, and run your app
Use the Guardium® GUI Application Framework to package your app as an archive (.zip file) and deploy it to your Guardium test environment, and view your app and its logs.
Before you begin
Run the CLI command: store system ecosystem on to enable the ecosystem processes and components, including the application management page in the Guardium UI ( )
- Open a shell prompt and use the cd command to go to the bin sub folder of your SDK installation folder.
- Package your app by entering a command with syntax: grd_sdk package -w <path to app folder> -p <Application Root Folder>.zip.
Deploy your app (extension) to your Guardium
system by entering: grd_sdk deploy -p <Application Root Folder>.zip -g <Guardium
CAUTION:Do not use the command grd_sdk deploy to deploy your apps in a production environment.
- On the Guardium system, go to . Wait until the app status is installed: .
In the CLI of the Guardium system where you uploaded the app, start the fileserver by
su cli fileserver <ip of workstation> <time in seconds to run the filserver, for example 3600>
- Start the app by going to Start. You need to program your app to start custom services (such as node) when the container starts, since the Guardium machine only calls the run.py. (In your development environment, you can start services with an init script, see Adding Python libraries to your app.) and clicking
- View the fileserver logs by browsing to <GuardiumIP>:8445. The file is logs/apps/app.log.
What to do next
- Go to and view the app output.
- Optionally, view the log of the app activity by going to and clicking in the Application Log column of the row of the app.