How to partition with an encrypted LVM
If you use an encrypted disk, create an encrypted LVM volume that contains the / and /var logical volumes.
About this task
The following procedure requires either physical or remote console access to the Guardium system.
- Insert the IBM® Guardium® DVD and boot the machine.
- Choose Custom Partition Installation from the boot screen.
- Press Enter.
- In the Installation Summary, select Installation Destination. Under Other Storage Options, select I will configure partitioning and check Encrypt my data.
- Select Click here to create them automatically and change the Mount Point and Name from home to var. Click Done.
- When prompted, enter a Disk encryption passphrase
and safeguard it. Click Save Passphrase and Accept
Changes. Tip: The encryption passphrase is required to unlock the LVM volume when you restart the system. This key cannot be replaced if lost.