The IBM® Security Guardium® Virtual Machine (VM) is a software-only solution licensed and installed on a guest virtual machine such as VMware ESX Server.
To install the Guardium VM, follow the steps in Creating the Virtual Image. The steps are:
- Verify system compatibility
- Install VMware ESX Server
- Connect network cables
- Configure the VM Management Portal
- Create a new Virtual Machine
- Install the IBM Security Guardium virtual appliance
After installing the VM, return to Step 4, Setup Initial and Basic Configuration, for further instructions on how to configure your Guardium system.