How to create a security assessment
Run security assessments against selected datasources to proactively identify and address vulnerabilities, improve configurations, and harden infrastructures.
About this task
- Create the assessment
- Add datasources to the assessment
- Add tests to the assessment
- Create or modify an assessment by opening the Assessment
Builder. Open the Assessment Builder by
- Create a new security assessment by clicking New.
- Enter a unique name for the assessment in Description and
click Apply to save the assessment.
- Add a datasource to the assessment by clicking Add
Datasource. Select a datasource from the Datasource
Finder and click Add. Add a new
datasource by clicking , filling in the information in the Database
Definition window, and clicking Apply.
See Datasources for assistance.
After clicking the Add button, the datasource will appear in the Datasources section of the Security Assessment Builder.
- Click Apply to save the assessment.
- Click Configure Tests to add tests to the assessment. In the
Tests available for addition panel, click the tab for the appropriate
datasource you created, select the tests you want to add to the assessment, and click Add
Selections. Use the radio buttons to filter the tests to be added. See Predefined Tests,
Query Based Tests, CVE Tests, or APAR Tests for assistance.
- Click Back to return to the Security
Assessment Builder, and click Roles to
add roles to the assessment. Note: You cannot assign roles to the assessment until you have assigned roles to the datasources the assessment is based on.
- Save your assessment by clicking Apply. The assessment can now be run against the selected datasources.