What's new in IBM Security Guardium S-TAP for Db2 on z/OS V10.1.3?
Version 10.1.3 of IBM Guardium S-TAP for Db2 provides speed and monitoring enhancements.
Enhancements to this version of the product include:
- New Simulation mode enables you to test policies without sending data to the appliance. Data is collected on z/OS.
- Support for the collection of BIND/REBIND events
- Support for the collection of CICS Unit of Work ID
- Improved memory management
- Support for blocking policies pushed-down from the appliance
- Improved filtering of events
- MODIFY command now collects more diagnostic information
- Ability to exclude host variables
- Support for initiating an appliance MUST GATHER command from z/OS
- Support for S-TAP logging
- Support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPV6) introduced with PH16991
Db2 12 function level support
When you activate new Db2 12 function levels in a Db2 subsystem or data sharing group, enhancements might become available that impact IBM Guardium S-TAP for Db2.
- The product works as it did on a previous release or function level of Db2 for z/OS, but it does not support the new features of this function level.
- The product supports most, but not necessarily all, of the new function-level features that IBM deems the most significant for this product.
For more information about Db2 toleration and support related to IBM Db2 Data Access Common Collector for z/OS V1.1 (CQC), the component that enables IBM Guardium S-TAP for Db2 to collect data, see https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/db2-qm/3.3.0?topic=wnidqm-db2-12-function-level-support-db2-data-access-common-collector.