IMSL_SLDS_SRCH sets the number of prior days that the IMS log reader (AUILxxxx) searches for IMS system log data sets (SLDS) to process.
- Permitted Values
- 1 - 30 days
- Consider the following points when setting the number of days the IMS log reader (AUILxxxx) searches for IMS
system log data sets (SLDS) to process:
- If an IMS checkpoint does not exist for the SLDS reader, AUILxxxx searches for IMS SLDS created on the current day and for x days prior to the current day (where x is the value that you set for this keyword).
- If an IMS checkpoint set for the SLDS reader exceeds the number of days between the current day and this keyword value, then the IMS checkpoint is used as the starting point to read an process IMS SLDS.
- If you set a value of 0 (zero) for this keyword, then only the current day's IMS SLDS is processed. Also, IMS SLDS that were migrated from a hierarchical storage manager product are not be recalled for processing.
- If you set a value of 0 (zero) for this keyword, AUILxxxx processing omits any IMS SLDS created on the prior day. This can cause data to be missed if, for example, the AUILxxxx task is run at 12:05 AM. IMS SLDS created prior to midnight are not recognized as being within the current day, and are not processed.