At startup, the IBM Guardium S-TAP for Db2 collector agent waits for a policy to be streamed (or pushed down) from the Guardium system before activating a collection. When the collector agent receives a policy, it inactivates the active collection (if a collection is active), updates the collection profile with the new policy, and then activates the collection policy.
- The new policy is compared to the currently active policy if the
new policy contains one or more rules.
- If the policies are identical, no further processing is required.
- If the policies are not identical, the policy is written to DD:ADHPLCY (if defined) and it becomes the active collection policy.
- If the new policy does not apply to this subsystem, processing continues without any changes. In this case, if there is an active policy, the collection continues to use it. If no policy is active, none is started.
- If the new policy is inactive (contains no general audit settings, table or target definitions), the active policy is inactivated.
For a policy to be pushed down, the z/OS collector agent requires connection to the Guardium appliance. If the z/OS collector agent is unable to connect to the appliance, the z/OS collector agent will read the policy from the ADHPLCY DD (if it is defined in the started task JCL). The z/OS collector agent will activate collection based on the policy that is read from the DD until a connection with the appliance is established. When the connection is established, the policy that is pushed down from the appliance replaces the policy that was read from the DD.
The file contents defined by the ADHPLCY DD contains the policy from the last successful policy pushdown from the appliance.
If ADHPLCY is defined, it must point to a data set that is allocated with a record format of fixed blocked (RECFM=FB) and a record length (LRECL) greater than or equal to 80.
- Record format (RECFM): FB
- Record length (LRECL): 80
- Block size (BLCKSIZE): 3120
- Data set name type (DSNTYPE): LIBRARY
- Data set organization (DSORG): PO
The ADHPLCY data set should be allocated with a minimum of 50 primary tracks and 10 secondary tracks. The ADHPLCY data set can be sequential, PDS, or PDS/E. If you use PDS or PDS/E, the space requirements might need to be increased in relation to the number of members that are contained within the data set.
For more information about using data sets, see the z/OS documentation at IBM Documentation, https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.1.0?topic=dfsms-zos-using-data-sets.