Monitoring data mart ingestion activity
Guardium® Insights provides an operational dashboard that provides you with a 24-hour snapshot of data mart ingestion activity.
Before you begin
To open the data mart ingestion page, select Data mart ingestion in the main menu at the upper left of the page (open this menu by clicking the main menu icon (). If the data mart ingestion card is available in your dashboard, clicking it will also open the data mart ingestion page.
To learn about supported data marts, see here.
Note: Mixing Guardium Data Protection versions with v3 and v4 data marts in the same central manager is not recommended.
- The Data mart ingestion page displays the data marts that have been imported to Guardium Insights from the collectors.
- Data marts for the current day (of the local Guardium Insights time zone) are displayed by default. You can select a different day in the Date selector (you can only choose days during which data marts were ingested - days without data mart ingestion cannot be selected).
- A snapshot of the collection cycle is provided at the top of the page - outlining the number of active collectors and the total number of data marts ingested for the 24-hour period. In addition, the number of failed, partial, and in-progress ingested data marts - along with those still awaiting data.
- Data marts for the 24-hour period can be selected for each hour to display the status or any errors related to the ingestion. If you select an hour, a filter will be created to filter the table to display only those data marts that were ingested (or failed to ingest) during that hour.
- Actions above the data mart table allow you to search for data marts, refresh the table, and export the list of data marts to a CSV file.
- When you click a data mart in the table, a panel opens to provide its details - including any errors related to the data mart.
- In addition to filtering the table by time, you can filter the table by clicking Filter. This opens a panel that allows you to select one or more data points (to find a particular data point that you are interested in, enter it in the Find filters field). Brackets next to each data point indicate the number of data marts that contain the data point. After you have selected the data points that you're interested in seeing in reports, click Apply filters.
- Note that the information provided in the data mart ingestion page is also available in the Data mart ingestion status report. Working with the report allows you see your data marts at a more granular level (the report can also be used to set up audits and custom notifications).