The role management page allows you to add and manage Guardium® Insights user roles. Assigning roles to users allows you to control which parts of Guardium Insights they have access to.
Before you begin
To open the settings menu, select Settings (). After opening the settings menu, choose Role management.
To see which roles are already predefined in Guardium Insights, see Predefined roles, pages, and permissions.
To add a role:
- Click Add role to open the Manage role panel.
- In the Name and description panel, enter a Name for the role (used to distinguish this role from other roles). If desired, enter a description for the role, and then click Next.
- In the Users section, select the user or users to add to the role and then click Next.
- In the Pages section, select one or more pages for which the role should grant access (see Pages to learn about the pages that can be included in roles), and then click Next.
- In the Reports section, select the reports that the role will have access to. This includes custom reports and Guardium Insights Predefined reports, tags, and data points. Click Next.
- In the Groups section, select the groups that the role will have access to. This includes custom groups and predefined groups. Click Next.
- Click Save to create the new role.
When in the Role management page, use the search field to find the role that you are looking for. You can also open the menu for each role so that you can Edit or Delete it.