Use the mkprovisioningpolicy command to create a new provisioning policy on the system.
- (Optional) Name of the provisioning policy.
- -capacitysaving none | thin | compressed
- (Required) Specifies the capacity savings for the provisioning policy.
The capacity savings specified by the provisioning policy are applied to new volumes in addition to any built-in capacity saving functions of the storage pool. For example, pools containing certain drive types, such as FlashCore Module drives, are self-compressing.Note:
- A provisioning policy specifying thin-provisioning can only be used with standard storage pools.
- A provisioning policy specifying compression can only be used with data reduction storage pools.
- (Optional) Specifies the provisioning policy should use deduplication.
An invocation example
mkprovisioningpolicy -name appVolumes -capacitysaving compressed -deduplicated
The resulting output:
Provisioning policy, id , successfully created