Use the Validate JCL action to validate JCL files.
Before you begin
- You must be connected to a remote system.
- JCL validation does not support Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS variables being used in the JCL that is validated.
- JCL validation does not support tape data sets.
- Open a JCL file in the JCL Editor, and click Source > Validate JCL or press Alt+V. A dialog pops up for you to select validation types.
- Select validation types and press OK.
You can select multiple validation types at once. The following validation
types are available:
- DSN validation. The JCL Editor scans the file for data set
names (DSNAME/DSN links used in JCL DD statements) and validates whether
the data sets exist. Note: If the JCL file contains syntax errors, the results of data set identification and validation might not be accurate.
- TYPRUN=SCAN validation. The TYPRUN=SCAN validation submits
the JCL with the TYPRUN=SCAN keyword. In turn, JES converts the JCL
to instructions z/OS can understand which includes JCL validation.
When the conversion completes, z/OS® Explorer can
collect the report that JES creates on the conversion and make it
available to users. Note: JES will execute embedded operator commands during TYPRUN=SCAN validation. If there are no JCL syntax errors, z/OS Explorer can identify
// COMMAND='cmd'statements and comment them out before submitting the JCL. z/OS Explorer cannot identify
- DSN validation. The JCL Editor scans the file for data set names (DSNAME/DSN links used in JCL DD statements) and validates whether the data sets exist.
- Double-click the validation message in the Remote Error List view to view errors and warnings.