Viewing properties of the MVS Files subsystem
The Properties view for the MVS Files subsystem provides quick access to information about the MVS™ Files subsystem and your remote system connection1.
The MVS Files subsystem Properties view displays the following information:
- The connection status of the subsystem: Yes or No.
- MVS Files.
- Number of children
- The number of folders, such as My Data Sets, Retrieved Data Sets, My Favorites, or any other filters you created.
- The port that is defined for the subsystem during the remote system connection.
- Server Level
- The version of the IBM® Explorer for z/OS® server that is installed on the z/OS system.
- Whether the remote system connection was secured with SSL: Enabled or Disabled.
- User ID
- The user ID with which you logged in to the remote system.
- The version of z/OS installed on the server.
Restriction: The following operations in the Remote Systems view can change the last referenced date on PDS members, which is a known issue:
- Selecting a PDS.
- Expanding a PDS.
- Selecting the Show in Table action on a PDS.
- Doing a remote z/OS search.
1 For IDz users, the MVS Files subsystem Properties view also displays the following information:
- Property Group Name
- The name of the property group that is associated with the subsystem.
- Property Group Overrides
- Whether any values in the property group were overridden: Yes or No.
2 For IDz users, you can also display and work with generation data groups in the z/OS Projects view.