Working with JES jobs
In the JES subsystem of the Remote Systems view or Remote System Details view, you can request various job actions.
In the Remote Systems view, jobs are displayed in a tree view in the format jobName:jobID[jobStatus]. Active jobs are listed at the top of the filter.
- The job name.
- The job ID.
- The return code or return information for the job:
- If the job completed, the return code is shown, such as U0000, or U0012.
- If the job is still running, the job status is ACTIVE.
- If the job is waiting to execute, the position in the JES queue, such as Pos 1 or Pos 2.
- If the job did not complete, because it was canceled, for example, or it ended abnormally, or contained a JCL error, then that information is reported, such as CANCELED, ABEND, or JCLERROR. Jobs that ended abnormally also display an ABEND code, such as ABEND - SOC4.
- A job that is run.
- A job that is running.
- A command, such as purge, hold, or cancel, is issued for the job.
- A job file, such as a message log or JCL.
- In the Remote Systems JES subsystem
tree view, you can do the following actions:
- Select a job to display its status in the Properties view. The status line contains the state of the job and completion status, if available. To display the job output, double-click the job name in the JES subsystem view.
- Expand a job to see the data sets that are associated with that job. To display all of the data sets in a single view, double-click the job. If prompted, indicate the number of lines to download.
- Right-click a job to see all available actions for it.
- To view jobs in the Remote System Details table
- Right-click the job filter to open the menu.
- Select Show in Table to display
the jobs in the Remote System Details view.
In the table view, jobs are displayed in a spreadsheet format. Each column represents a job property.
- To sort the list of jobs by a column, click the column heading.
- To customize the table view:
- To select the columns that you want to display and specify the order of the columns, open the toolbar menu and select Customize Table.
- To view only a subset of the jobs that are returned, open the toolbar menu and select Subset to specify filters for each property.
- After you submit a job, a dialog is prompted.
You can do the following actions from the dialog:
- Select Locate. The job is displayed in either the Remote Systems view or the Remote System Details view depending on the preferences.
- Select Notify. The links to the job are displayed in the Remote Console view. If you select a job link, it does the same thing as Locate.