Managing retrieved data sets
You can add data sets to or remove data sets from the Retrieved Data Sets folder of MVS Files and set the maximum number of data sets for this filter. Removing a data set from Retrieved Data Sets does not delete the data set.
Retrieved Data Sets is a system-controlled filter. By default, it shows the last 10 data sets found by the Retrieve Data Set action or added by using the allocate actions. Its unique status is indicated visually by a unique icon: a filter icon that is superimposed with a pushpin. The only way to populate Retrieved Data Sets is by using the Retrieve Data Set window or by using the allocate actions. You cannot rename or delete Retrieved Data Sets, but you can remove data sets from it and change the number of data sets that are shown in it. To add search results to a filter that you can rename or delete, use the Add these matches to a new filter option.
- To remove a data set from Retrieved Data Sets, select one or more data sets, right-click, and select Remove from the menu.
- To manage the Retrieved Data Sets filter,
select it, and then right-click and select Manage from
- To remove data sets from the Retrieved Data Sets filter, select the check box beside the data set name or click Select All.
- To set the maximum number of data sets that are displayed in this filter, in the Maximum number of data sets shown in this filter field, specify a number 1 - 999999999.
1 For IDz users, the MVS Files subsystem Properties view also displays the following information:
- Property Group Name
- The name of the property group that is associated with the subsystem.
- Property Group Overrides
- Whether any values in the property group were overridden: Yes or No.