Hiding archived data sets
You can hide archived data sets so that they are not displayed under an MVS Files filter.
The Show Archived Data Sets action is available only when the IBM® Explorer for z/OS® server and client are at version 3.0 or later.
Archived data sets include data sets that were migrated or are on offline volumes.
The Remote Systems view normally shows archived data sets.
- To see the status of archived files for an MVS™ Files filter, right-click the filter.
When the check box beside Show Archived Data Sets is selected, archived data sets are displayed under the filter. When it is clear, archived data sets are hidden.
- To hide archived data sets under a particular MVS
Files filter, right-click the filter name and then click Show
Archived Data Sets to clear the check box. For example, to hide archived data sets from the My Data Sets filter, right-click My Data Sets and click Show Archived Data Sets.This action affects only the selected MVS Files filter. It does not affect other filters, such as Retrieved Data Sets.
- To show hidden archived data sets under a particular MVS Files filter, right-click the filter name and then click Show Archived Data Sets to select the check box.
1 For IDz users, the MVS Files subsystem Properties view also displays the following information:
- Property Group Name
- The name of the property group that is associated with the subsystem.
- Property Group Overrides
- Whether any values in the property group were overridden: Yes or No.