Setting up filters to explore a z/OS UNIX system
After you create a connection to an IBM® z/OS® system, set up filters to explore the hierarchical file system (HFS) on z/OS UNIX System Services.
To set up filters to explore a z/OS UNIX system, complete the following steps:
- Change to the Remote System Explorer RSE perspective.
- In the Remote Systems view, double-click
the z/OS UNIX Files node to expand it.
The z/OS UNIX Files subsystem has two predefined filters: My Home and Root.
- To define a new filter, right-click the z/OS UNIX Files node, and select from the menu to open the New Filter wizard. To change the location that a filter points to, right-click the filter, and select Properties from the menu. Switch to the Filter Strings page, and select filter string.
- To configure the filter to point to a specific directory:
You can use file extensions to specify the file types to narrow down the filter further.Tip: The first time that you attempt to access a folder on the remote system, you are prompted for your user ID and password.
- From the Folder list, select the path.
- In the Folder field, type the path from the root.
- Click Browse to browse for your home directory on the remote system.
- Save your changes and close the dialog box.