RSE server can be configured to query one or more LDAP servers for various z/OS® Explorer services:
- Query LDAP groups for push-to-client multiple developer group support.
- Query one or more Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs) for X.509 authentication.
Note that TCP/IP security measures, such as firewalls, might stop the (host-based) RSE server from contacting the LDAP server. Use the following information to ensure the LDAP server can be reached:
- The LDAP server TCP/IP addresses or DNS names are listed in
- The LDAP server port numbers are listed in
- LDAP uses the TCP protocol.
- The LDAP server is contacted by the host-based RSE server.
- RSE server is active in an
RSEDxaddress space, where
RSEDis the name of the RSE started task and
xis a random one-digit number, for example