Installing z/OS Explorer from scratch by using Eclipse p2
If you start from scratch, install z/OS® Explorer by downloading the Eclipse package for z/OS Explorer.
For a first-time user, install the z/OS Explorer by taking the following steps:
- Based on your operating system, download the appropriate Eclipse package for z/OS Explorer from Mainframe DevOps Downloads.
- Extract the package and start using z/OS Explorer.
- To install features from the Eclipse composite
update site for z/OS Explorer,
take the following steps:
- Click Help > Install New Software > Add.
- Enter the Eclipse p2 update site. The URL for z/OS Explorer V3.2 (Eclipse Photon V4.8) is http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/htp/zos/tools/aqua3.2/.
- Select all available installation packages for installation.