Requirements and checklist
You need the assistance of a security administrator and a TCP/IP administrator to complete this customization task, which requires the following resources and special customization tasks:
- LPA data set
- APF-authorized data set
- Various PARMLIB updates
- Various security software updates
- Various TCP/IP ports for internal and client-host communication
To verify the installation and to start using z/OS® Explorer at your site, do the following tasks. Unless otherwise indicated, all tasks are mandatory.
- Create customizable copies of samples and create the work environment for z/OS Explorer. For details, see Customization setup.
- Update z/OS UNIX system limits, update product registration, start started tasks, and define APF-authorized and LPA data sets. For details, see PARMLIB changes.
- Create started task procedures. For details, see PROCLIB changes.
- Update security definitions. For details, see Security definitions. To establish thread security, you must understand how PassTickets are used. See "Using PassTickets" in Host Configuration Reference Guide (SC27-8438).
- Customize z/OS Explorer configuration files. For details, see :