The detailed description of the various installation verification programs (IVPs) is located in Installation verification because some of the IVPs are for the optional components.
- Start the JMON started task or user job. The startup information
in DD STDOUT should end with the following message:
FEJ211I Server ready to accept connections.
If the job ends with return code 66,
FEK.SFEKAUTHis not APF-authorized.
- Start the RSED started task or user job with the
IVP=IVPparameter. With this parameter, the server will end after doing some installation verification tests. Check DD STDOUT for messages indicating that the following IVPs were successful:
- Java™ startup
- JES Job Monitor connection
- TCP/IP setup
- Start the RSED started task or user job without the IVP parameter.
RSE daemon issues the following console message upon successful startup:
FEK002I RseDaemon started. (port=4035)
- Issue the following operator commands and verify in the resulting
console messages that the tests ran successfully:
F RSED,APPL=IVP PASSTICKET,userid F RSED,APPL=IVP DAEMON,userid F RSED,APPL=IVP ISPF,userid
useridwith a valid TSO user ID that has a unique z/OS® UNIX UID. If this UID is not unique, all users sharing it must be valid TSO users.