Connecting automatically at startup
You can set one connection in each connection category as the default. You can then connect to the default connection for a category, or use these default connections for automatic connection when you start z/OS® Explorer.
z/OS Explorer has a single connection category of z/OS, which includes two connection types: z/OS FTP and z/OSMF. You can set one connection in this category as the default.
When additional plug-ins are installed, the corresponding additional connection categories are available and you can set one default connection in each connection category that is shown.
- If the Host Connections view is not open, click from the workbench menu to open the view.
- In the Host Connections view, expand the tree in the Connections section and locate the connection you want to set as default.
- Right-click the connection, then click Set as
default connection. Default is shown in parentheses after the connection name and the credentials, and the connection name is shown in parentheses after the connection category.
- Repeat the previous two steps for each additional connection in a different category that you want to set as default.
- To connect to the default connections automatically when you start z/OS Explorer, click the Automatically connect to defaults on startup icon in the toolbar of the view.
- Remove the default setting from the connection.
- Click the Automatically connect to defaults on startup icon to stop automatic connection to all default connections.