What's new in Enterprise Records 5.2.1
Enterprise Records 5.2.1 introduces new features and other enhancements with each release. Learn what's new and what changed in each release of Enterprise Records.
New in fix pack 6
- Java logging and Log4j APIs: From fix pack 6, Enterprise Records uses the Java logging APIs instead of Log4j APIs. Fix pack 5 and earlier still use the Log4j APIs. For more information, refer to Configuring logging.
- PRO data model from Configuration Manager: The PRO data model is removed from Enterprise Records Configuration Manager and the existing PRO file plans are converted from 5.2.0 PRO to 5.2.0 Base. For more information, refer to Converting a PRO data model to a Base data model.
- Support for IBM Automation Document Processing: Enterprise Records can now manage content processed by Automation Document Processing. For more information, refer to Managing records in IBM Automation Document Processing.
- Shared parameters for standalone Enterprise Records operator:
- A new parameter shared_configuration.external_tls_certificate_secret is introduced in the custom resource to store your wildcard certificate.
- The parameter shared_configuration.sc_deployment_hostname_suffix is now
optional and a routing subdomain is generated by default.
For more information see, Providing certificates for external routes.
New in fix pack 5 and earlier
- Installing using containers: Containers provide a way to deploy an environment in a
fraction of the time required for a traditional on-premises installation. You can use containers
exclusively, or to provide additional environments to your on-premises installations.
You can install Enterprise Records using containers with different operators:
- Support for Fixed Content Devices: Equipped for managing records on fixed content devices, the new Write Once Read Many (WORM) feature enables you to manage aligned retention. Currently, we support only Hitachi fixed content device (FCD). This feature comes with fix pack 2. For more information, see Configuring FCD disposition sweep.
- Support for Content Navigator 3.0: Content Navigator is the unified IBM Enterprise Content Management experience platform that spans mobile, web, and desktop form factors. It includes features that make it easier to create, share, manage, and collaborate on content by using Enterprise Content Management products, key partner solutions, and even third-party content repositories. Content Navigator 3.0 enhances the integration with Box and Microsoft™ Office and provides new role-based redaction capabilities. 3.0 employs a new Continuous Delivery support policy.
- Support for Cognos Analytics 11: Cognos Analytics 11 enhances the efficiency and capabilities of business users, report authors, and administrators through a simplification of the user experience. The solution offers more capabilities that reduce or eliminate IT intervention for many previous tasks. This gives users more self-service options and ultimately advances the analytic expertise of the enterprise. Cognos Analytics eliminates the need to utilize a range of different tools to accomplish similar goals. Insights can now be captured more efficiently through a guided experience that interprets user intent and supports users with a suggested path that is focused on and tailored to their needs.
- Support for Crystal Reports 2016: Crystal Reports is a third-party reporting server and if you wish to use Crystal Reports, you need to license this product separately.
- Support for WebLogic Server 12.2: WebLogic Server is a scalable, enterprise-ready Java™ Platform.
User interface enhancementsThe following enhancements are applicable to on-premises as well as the containerized installation:
- To configure the Cognos reports, the following fields are introduced in
- Use Report Path URL check box
- Report Path URL text box
- On the Declare page, you can now search a File Plan Location based on
favorites. To use this feature, the following fields are introduced in this release:
- Use Favorites Tree and Use Folder Tree ratio buttons (with Use Folder Tree as the default option)
- Desktop ID list
- Added a property to customize the FilePlan page size.