Comparing a changed resource to the repository
You can compare changed resources to view the differences between local changes that are not checked in and the copy of the resource in the sandbox.
- On the Source Control panel, the z/OS UNIX Directory List panel, or the Pending Changes panel, locate the resource that is not checked in. Resources that are not checked in are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Enter one of the following character options in the action
field of the resource that is not checked in. Press Enter after you
type the characters.
Comparing the file opens the file in an editor session. Changes in the local and remote files are noted in the editor, along with instructions to identify in which file the differences exist. You can use the information about the changes in the files to merge the local and remote file changes as you want to include them.
- To compare the resources, enter CP.
- To compare the resources in ASCII mode, enter CA.
- To compare the resources in UTF-8 mode, enter CU.Note: You can compare the resources in UTF-8 mode only if you are running the ISPF client on z/OS® 2.1.