Submitting your changes for code review
As an author to begin code review, you must first submit your changes for review. To submit completed change sets for review, associate it with a work item and add team members as reviewers. The following procedure explains how to initiate code review by using the Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) client for Microsoft Visual Studio.
Before you begin
About this task
- As an author, in the Pending Changes view, select the changes sets for review, right-click the selection, and click Submit for Review.
- If a work item is not associated with the change set, the Submit Change Sets
for Review wizard prompts you to do so. For more information, see Associating work items with change sets.
- In the Submit for Review wizard:
- To suspend the change sets while you await responses from reviewers, select Suspend change sets.
- Optional: By default, the target is set as your workspace stream. You can change the target stream if required.
- In the Reviewers section, click Add to add reviewers.
In the Enter user name field, enter a text string and click Search to search for the name of a reviewer. Click to select one or more (use Ctrl key) reviewers in the Matching users field, click Select and then click OK.
- Optional: Enter a brief submit comment.
This comment is included in the email notification and displayed in the Overview tab of the code review page.
- Click Finish. You can view the code review summary, open the code review page, and resubmit for review from the code review tab, in the work item view of the EWM client for Microsoft Visual Studio. The code review presentation is displayed according to the configuration settings done by your project area administrator. It is usually added to the Code Review tab for ease of access and usability.