Linking work items to requirements in the web client
You can link work items to requirements that you create in a requirements application.
You must configure the change and configuration management application Jazz-based server and the requirements application Jazz-based server to communicate with each other. You must also link the change and configuration management project area with the requirements project area. For more information about linking artifacts across project areas and lifecycle projects, see Getting started with project areas and lifecycle projects.
Before you begin
Note: Some applications support versioning of their artifacts by tracking the versions in configurations. A global configuration tracks multiple configurations. For example, a global configuration might include configurations from RM, QM, and Design Management (DM) project areas. If your organization uses the Global Configuration Management application to manage versioned artifacts in other applications, you can link work items to specific versions of those artifacts. To enable this linking, you must configure your project area. See Linking work items to artifacts in Configuration Management-enabled project areas.
- In the Work Item Editor, click the Links tab.
- In the Links section, open the Add drop-down menu, then select one
of the following options:
- Implements Requirement
- Affects Requirement
- Tracks Requirement
- In the Add Link window, select the location of the
requirement. If the requirement is on a remote repository, and you are prompted to authenticate, log in by using your credentials for the server of the remote repository, which is displayed in the Authorization Required window.
- Select Link to existing. If the requirement that you want to link to does not exist yet, select Create new. Create a requirement in the project that you selected, and then link to the requirement.
- In the Requirements Selection window, select the requirement that you want to link to the work item. Click OK.
- Optional: To link a work item to a requirement artifact in IBM® Engineering Requirements Management DOORS® Next do one of
the following operations:
Restriction: When you create an OSLC link by using drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste method, you cannot perform the following actions:
- Drag the work item onto the target requirement artifact. You can drag from the work item type icon on the upper left of the work item editor. To see the Create links dialog box, drop the artifact on the drop target displayed. Select the link type and click Create links.
- To copy a link from the work item editor, click Copy ID and Summary icon . Click Copy Link. Paste the link in the target requirement artifact to create an OSLC link. To paste a copied link in a work item, click the Paste As Link icon . In the Create links dialog box, select the link type and click Create links.
- To copy links by using keyboard shortcut, press the following keys:
Paste the link in the target requirement artifact to create an OSLC link. To paste a copied link in a work item, press the following keys:
- For Windows or Linux, Ctrl+C
- For Mac, Command+C
- For Windows or Linux, Ctrl+Shift+V
- For Mac, Command+Shift+V
- You cannot create links when the source and target artifacts are viewed in different browsers. The target artifact must be viewed in a tab or window of the same browser as the source artifact.
- You cannot create links if the user-selected Configuration Context in the source is not the same as the configuration in the target application.
The Links section of the work item is updated to show the Implements Requirement, Related Requirement, or Tracks Requirement link. You can also see the link in the Quick Information section of the Overview tab.