Adding the Restricted Access presentation
To enable users to restrict read access to specific work items, you can add the Restricted Access presentation to the work item editor.
By default, read access for work items is determined by the access control settings and work item category restricted access settings in the project area. The Restricted Access presentation provides users with the ability to override this default and specify a different project area, an access group, or Public, which refers to all users in the repository.
About this task
- Open the Editor Presentations page:
- In the Team Artifacts view of the Work Items perspective, right-click the project area and select Open.
- Click the Process Configuration tab.
- Expand Editor Presentations. , then click
- Select an editor in the Choose the Editor Presentation to edit field.
- Expand the tab that contains the section to which you want to add the Restricted Access presentation. Select the section. For example, the Details section on the Overview tab. Click Add Presentation.
- In the Add Presentation window, select Restricted
Access in the Attribute field and Access
Control in the Kind field. Click OK.
- Click Save to save your changes to the project area.
When users open work items in the editor to which you added the presentation, the editor contains the Restricted Access field, which has a dropdown list where users can select the access context for the work item.