Lesson 1.2: Create a schema and user database
In this lesson, you will create a schema that is based on the predefined DefectTracking schema, and a user database for the new schema. You might use the DefectTracking schema in your production environment. By creating a schema based on the DefectTracking schema, you will not interfere with your production environment schema.
- Click .
- In the ClearQuest® Schema Repository Explorer, right-click the schema repository that you created previously and select Connect. In the Login window, enter admin in the User field. Leave the Password field empty. Click OK.
- Right-click the schema repository and select .
- Expand the DefectTracking folder and select the latest version. Click Next.
- Enter a name for the new schema, such as DefectTracking-Tutorial. Click Finish.
- A message confirms that the schema was created successfully and asks if you want to associate a user database with the schema. Click Yes.
- In the New database window, enter a logical name for the user database, such as Tutor. Select MS_ACCESS for the database vendor. Click Next.
- Click the Browse icon next to the Physical Database Name field. Navigate to the directory where you want to store the user database. Enter the name for the physical database, such as Tutor.mdb. Click OK. Click Next.
- Accept the default values for database timeout options. Click Next.
- Select the version of the schema to use for the user database. Because this schema is new, only one version should exist. Click Finish.