Adding the Jazz administrative user to your team
Before you create a ClearCase® Synchronized Stream, you must add the Jazz administrative user for the synchronization process to your team or project area.
About this task
The Jazz administrative user for the synchronization process must be a member of the team or project area that you want to create the synchronized stream in. The user must have process permissions in that team or project area to create workspaces; create components; deliver to streams; add components to streams; create and modify work items; or create and modify build engines and build definitions.
If your process requires change sets to be associated with a work item that meets specific conditions before the changes can be delivered, create a work item in the project area that satisfies those conditions. For more information, see Creating a synchronized stream work item template.
To add the Jazz administrative user for the synchronization process to your team area and assign the following permissions:
- Right-click the team area that you want to create the ClearCase Synchronized Stream in; then click Open.
- In the Members section of the team area editor, click Add.
- In the Add Team Members window, type the first few characters
of the Jazz administrative user name (
Jazz administrative useror another name that you used), select the user, and click Finish.
- Assign roles to the user that it needs to perform the following
For example, in the sample Scrum process, the Team Member role is sufficient.
- Create workspacesCreate components
- Deliver to streams
- Add components to streams
- Create and modify work items
- Create and modify build engines and build definitions
- Click Save to save your changes to the team area.
The Jazz administrative user account for the synchronization process is now a member of your team or project area. It has permissions to create and modify workspaces, streams, components, build engines, build definitions, and work items in that team or project area.