Requesting a Linux deployment
To deploy a package, request a deployment from the deployment definition you associated with a build agent on a deployment server. The deployment uses the information you included in your deployment definition to deploy a package to a runtime environment.
About this task
- Expand your project area, then , then right-click your Linux deployment definition.
- Select Request Deployment.
The Request Deployment wizard opens.
- If it is not already expanded, expand the Deployment
Options node and select one deployment type:
- Load and deploy: This is the default. This option invokes the Load and Deploy actions you specified in your deployment definition.
- Load: This option transfers a package from the packaging server to the deployment server using the transfer method you specified in your deployment definition.
- Deploy: On a Linux machine, the first package you loaded that you have not yet deployed is deployed to the runtime environment, according to the properties you specified in your deployment definition.
- Rollback: This option rolls back your package to the previously deployed state by reverting all changes made by the deployment of that package.
- Optional: Select Open summary work item.
- Click Submit.