A snapshot records the current baselines of each component in a repository workspace or stream. You can take a snapshot to create a record of the configuration of a collection of components. Whenever you want, you can return to the previous snapshot configuration.
- On the Welcome to Source Control page, navigate to the repository workspace or stream that you want to create a snapshot of. Click the create snapshot icon:
Now you can create a new snapshot for the repository workspace or the stream. Enter the name of
- Optional: To select specific components to be included in the snapshot, click Advanced.
- Optional: You can enter the description if required. Select the Create new baselines, even for unchanged components checkbox to create a new baseline for each of the selected components.
- Click OK and then, click Save.
What to do next
- Locate snapshots: To see snapshots of a repository workspace or stream, navigate to any repository workspace or stream and click the Snapshot tab.
- New repository workspace from snapshot: Create a new repository workspace from the snapshot.
- New stream from snapshot: Create a new stream from the snapshot.
- Set owner: Associate a snapshot to a stream or repository workspace.
- Delete: Delete a snapshot.
- Compare with: Compare a snapshot with another snapshot or a snapshot from a stream or repository workspace.