Merging changes in the compare editor
The Compare and Merge window lets you merge the changes from either of the two files that you compare. You can also use an external compare editor.
Before comparing a file with its repository version, you must have modified the repository version of the file.
Before you begin
You can do any of the following merges:
About this task
- Copy All from Left to Right
- Copy All Non-Conflicting Changes from Right to Left
- Copy Current Change from Left to Right
- Copy Current Change from Right to Left
To merge a single change:
- Select the difference that you want to change.
- Depending on what you want to do, click Copy
Current Change from Left to Right or click Copy
Current Change from Right to Left. The selected change is copied from one file to another.