Creating component baselines
A component baseline saves the current state of the component. Suppose that you have to deliver a critical change set that can affect the component. Before delivering the change set, you can take the baseline of the component as a preventive measure. After delivering the critical change set, if you think that something has gone wrong, you can replace it with the baseline component.
- In the Pending Changes tool window, navigate to the component that you want to baseline.
- Right-click the component and click .
- Type a logical name for the baseline and click OK.
If there are unresolved changes in the component, a dialog box is
displayed. To create the baseline without unresolved changes, click OK.
Note: You can use any UTF-8 characters to create baseline or component names.You can see the baseline inside the Outgoing folder of the component.
What to do next
- Deliver: Delivers the baseline to the component's flow target.
- Expand Children: Expands all the folders inside the baseline.