Managing source code on IBM i
The processes for managing change and releases on IBM® i are similar to those for other platforms. The instances in which additional features and functions are available or additional tasks are required for IBM i are documented in this section. You can manage Power Systems Software source code with the IBM i Projects feature.
Before you begin
Next you must create a repository connection. See Connecting to repositories and project areas.
About this task
- From the popup menu for your project, select Team
> Share Project. The Share Project wizard
opens. Note: Do not share the RemoteSystemsTempFiles temporary project created by Remote Systems Explorer to a Power Systems Software repository.
- Select Jazz Source Control and click Next.
- Specify the repository workspace to use.
- If you select Jazz Source Control and you have an existing repository workspace and component in which you want to place the project, leave Select a component or folder in an existing repository workspace selected, expand the workspace, and select a component. To place the project in a new component in an existing repository workspace, select the workspace, click New Component, enter a name for the new component, click OK, and select the new component in the list. Click Next.
- If you have not created a repository workspace, or you want to create one, select Create a new repository workspace named, enter a name for the workspace, and click Next. Select Share with a component from an existing stream, expand the stream, select a component, and click Next. Alternately, you can select Share with a component from an existing stream, select that stream from the list, and click Next or Finish.
- If your project contains any file types or folders that are ignored by Eclipse, the wizard prompts you to review them. For more information, see Selecting resources to exclude from Jazz® source control.
- Click Finish. The project is added to a component in a repository workspace. Changes that you make in the project are copied to the repository workspace when you check them in.