Associating builds with releases
You can associate a completed build with a release. In a work item, the Found In field lists releases, so when you associate a build with a release, the work item Found In field lists the build label as a selection.
- In the web client, in a project area, click Builds; then click Build Definitions.
- On the build definition page, click a build definition.
- On the Builds page, click a build to open the build result.
- On the build result page, click the Overview tab.
- Click the Create a release to associate with this build link.
- In the Create Release dialog box, edit the following fields:
- In the Release Name field, type the name of the release.
- In the Build Tag field, type the build tag.
- Optional: To limit access to project teams only, select the Release is available to project teams only check box.
- Click OK.
- On the build result page, click Save.