Exporting files and folders to Rational ClearCase
You can export files and folders from IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) to Rational® ClearCase®. Exported files and folders are checked in to an existing VOB.
Before you begin
It is recommended as a good practice to initially export a small set of files and folders to verify that the synchronization host is configured properly. After these roots have been successfully exported, you can select a parent synchronization root that is located above all of the initial synchronization roots. After that parent has been exported, the child synchronization roots can be removed from the list for that synchronized stream.
About this task
- It must contain only letters, digits, and the special characters underscore (_), period (.), and hyphen (-)
- It must not have a hyphen as the first character of a name.
- It must not be an integer; this restriction includes octal and hexadecimal integer values. However, noninteger names are allowed.
- It must not be one of the special names ".", ",", "..", or "...".
To export files or folders:
- Open the EWM client.
- Add the component that contains the
files or folders to the synchronized stream. For more information,
see Adding and removing components and Delivering change sets. Until a component is in the synchronized stream, files and folders in it cannot be synchronized with Rational ClearCase.Note: If you previously selected a snapshot as the initial content when setting up a ClearCase Synchronized Stream, adding components might not be necessary.
- Open the ClearCase-Synchronized Streams view and select the stream to which you delivered the project in Step 2.
- Click the Select Files to Synchronize () icon.
- On the Select Files To
Synchronize page, click Select files and folders
Note: When you select a folder, that folder and the entire subtree below it are selected for export.If you want, you can use the Remove and Edit buttons to modify selected path names after they have been added.
- To browse for files and folders in the synchronized stream, click Browse. If files or folders are not displayed in the window, verify that the respective component is in the synchronized stream (see Step 2). When you have finished selecting files and folders, click OK to close the browser and display the selected paths in the list of Files and folders to synchronize.
- To select files and folders manually, enter the path name of a component root folder that
exists in the synchronized stream and then click Add. Path names have the
form:component_name/project_root_dirso the path name of a folder named org.example.tests.junit in a EWM component named Tests would be:Tests/org.example.tests.junit
- When you are finished selecting files and folders, click Finish to request synchronization.
Files and folders in the selected components are exported to Rational ClearCase as UCM components or VOB folders. In the example in Step 5, a folder named org.example.tests.junit is added to the UCM component named Tests, or created as a subfolder of the VOB whose VOB tag is Tests, depending on how the synchronized stream is defined.