Configuring a synchronized stream to support UCM projects that are enabled for Rational ClearQuest
After you create a synchronized stream to use for synchronizing UCM projects that are enabled for Rational® ClearQuest®, you must set several stream properties and enable the login to Rational ClearQuest.
About this task
The ClearCase Synchronizer creates a UCMUtilityActivity record in Rational ClearQuest for new changes brought over from IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM). It then sets this record as the UCM activity in the Rational ClearCase® dynamic view used by the synchronization host. All exported changes are checked in against this activity. The ClearCase Synchronizer also adds a work item identifier to the description field of the Rational ClearQuest record for all the work items associated with the exported changes.
- In the ClearCase-Synchronized Streams view, right-click the stream that you want to configure support for UCM projects that are enabled for Rational ClearQuest and click Properties to open the stream properties window.
- In the Properties window, select ClearCase Provider Properties.
- Set the following property values:
- Set CLEARQUEST_DBSET_NAME to the name of the Rational ClearQuest schema repository for the database that supports the UCM project. This repository must be accessible from the synchronization host.
- Set CLEARQUEST_LOGIN_NAME to a Rational ClearQuest user name to use with the UCM project.
- Set CLEARQUEST_USERDB_NAME to the name of the Rational ClearQuest user database used by the UCM project. This database must be accessible from the synchronization host.
- In the folder named by the STREAM_SCRIPT_DIR property
on the Jazz Provider Properties page, create
a text file named name.cq_password where name is
the value of the CLEARQUEST_LOGIN_NAME property
you set in Step 3.
The file must contain a single line of the form-password=xxxxxxWhere xxxxxx is the password of the user named by CLEARQUEST_LOGIN_NAME. The synchronization process ClearCase account must have permission to read this file. It should not be readable by others.
- Optional: The ClearCase Synchronizer leaves the UCMUtilityActivity that is it creates in the Active state after a synchronization is complete. If you want to move this activity to a different state (such as Complete or Submitted), go to the ClearCase Provider Properties page and set the value of CLEARQUEST_UCM_RECORD_ACTION to an action keyword such as Complete or Postpone.