Migrating from the ClearQuest Synchronizer to the ClearQuest Bridge
If you use the ClearQuest® Synchronizer to synchronize IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) work items with Rational® ClearQuest change requests, you can migrate the synchronized work items and change requests so that they use the ClearQuest Bridge.
Before you begin
- You are using ClearQuest 7.1.2 or higher with ClearQuest Web.
- You are using Jazz® Team Server 4.0 or higher.
- The ClearQuest Synchronizer is configured to synchronize work items with change requests.
- The ClearQuest Bridge is configured. See Configuring the ClearQuest Bridge.
About this task
The ClearQuest Synchronizer includes a command-line utility, syncToBridgeTool, which finds all work items that are currently synchronized with change requests and then adds Related Change Request links to those work items and the corresponding change requests. In this way, you can move from using the ClearQuest Synchronizer to using the ClearQuest Bridge. Although the syncToBridgeTool utility is bundled with the ClearQuest Synchronizer starting in release 4.0, you do not need to have the 4.0 version of the ClearQuest Synchronizer running to use the syncToBridgeTool utility. If you have the 4.0 version of the ClearQuest Synchronizer installed, you can use the syncToBridgeTool utility while running a pre-4.0 version of the ClearQuest Synchronizer.
- Navigate to cqsynchronizer-install-directory\gateway folder. For example: C:\Program Files\IBM\ClearQuest Synchronizer\gateway.
- Enter the syncToBridgeTool command with arguments that
identify your synchronized environment. On Windows, specify syncToBridgeTool.bat.
On Linux, specify ./syncToBridgeTool.
Table 1. Arguments for syncToBridgeTool command Argument Required Value jazzUrl Yes URL of your EWM server. For example: https://fully-qualified-host-name:9443/ccm jazzUser Yes Your EWM user ID. This user must have permission to modify work items. jazzPwd Yes Your EWM password. jazzPA Yes Name of the project area that is configured for synchronization. If the project area name includes spaces, enclose the name in quotation marks. For example: "My Project Area". jazzWIType Yes A work item type, such as Defect or Task, that has a synchronization rule defined for it. You can also specify all for all work item types. cqRootServicesUri Yes The concatenation of the public URI and the Rational ClearQuest discovery context information. Specify the URL in Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) format. For example: http://fully-qualified-host-name/cqweb/oslc/repo/mySchemaRepository/discovery cqUserDb Yes The name of the ClearQuest user database that is synchronized with the project area. cqUser Yes Your ClearQuest user ID. This user ID must have permission to modify change requests. cqPwd Yes Your ClearQuest password.
syncToBridgeTool jazzUrl=https://myRTCServer:9443/ccm jazzUser=bob jazzPwd=bobspword jazzPA=ProjectArea51 jazzWIType=Defect cqRootServicesUri=http://testhost/cqweb/oslc/repo/mySchemaRepo/discovery cqUserDb=SAMPL cqUser=bob cqPwd=bobspword
What to do next
- Open a Web browser and enter the URL for your Jazz Team Server. For example: https://localhost:9443/ccm/. Login as a Jazz administrator.
- In the Configuration section of the Application page, click Advanced Properties.
- Scroll to the Item Interoperation component. For com.ibm.team.interop.service.internal.InteropService, click Edit. For Outgoing Synchronization Enabled, select false in the drop-down list.
- Click Save at the top of the page to save the change.