You can modify the role definitions for a project area, a team area, or a process template by using the Process Configuration or by editing the Process Configuration Source. You can add, modify, or remove individual roles for a project or team.
About this task
To modify roles:
- Open a project area, team area, or process template:
- Right-click a project area in the Team Artifacts view.
- Right-click a team area in the Team Organization view.
- Right-click a template in the Process Templates view.
- Click Open. The project area, team area, or process template opens in the editor view.
- Do one of the following actions:
- In a project area or process template, click the Process Configuration tab.
- In a team area, click the Process Customization tab.
- Click the Roles option and select
a role in the Defined Roles list or click the Create
a new role button in the Defined Roles toolbar.
- Type an identifier for the role. This ID is used in the process configuration code. If you do not specify a name for the role, it is also used in the Process Roles lists when adding members to a team .
- Optionally, enter a name for the role. This name is displayed when the role is referenced throughout the user interface.
- To indicate that the role is intended to be assigned to only one team member, set the Cardinality attribute to single.
- To indicate that the role is intended to be assigned to multiple team members, set the Cardinality attribute to many.
- To edit the role description that is displayed when assigning roles within teams, modify the Description text.
- Click Apply changes and Save.
What to do next
To modify permissions for a role, see Modifying permissions.